Art is a way of life.

Friday 9 March 2012

Meaning of Alice's character with her dress


The dress plays a huge part in the image as it resembles the models character and glamour. It will match the scene and setting as well as the models personality and face.
This is a beautiful dress by Amanda Wakely (Grey) which my father brought for me as my prom dress, I still have the item and I think for the 'forest' set that we are going to create this dress would look magnificent.
However, comparing this to a huge feather dress in the image below (Blue) - you get to see how they both portray different meanings.


This number represents sleek beauty with a detailed upper part of the dress which will be brilliant to focus on when the model meals down to reach out into the hole. - To see what this will actually look like, my group will do test shots of me wearing my dress and how it will fall into place when at the scene. 


A dress like above will be researched into - where to buy it from? Can a Fashions student make it for us?
As our model will be placed like the one above, we were considering having this dress in that reason. It would be amazing to see the dress laid out around her body - and the fact that such a small person has got on a huge over flowing dress will give that feeling of Alice growing up too fast. 

No comments: